What makes the best resume 2016? If you’re looking for top ways on how to optimize your resume and make it look outstanding to gain you an exposure and more chances to gaining an invitation for an interview, check out the following section for the tips on how to make the ideal resume.
The Perfect Resume 2016-2017 Tips
- List your awards, honors, accomplishments. This section may be a good presentation of the benefits that the company is getting should they decide to hire you. For instance, “Demonstrated effective sales skills resulting to the increase in sales by about 25 percent in the first 7 months of employment in ABC Sales Firm”
- Include social profile links. In case you don’t know yet, employers are also turning to social media when looking for able and good candidates to welcome in their company. To get started, don’t skip the part of including your social profile links to your resume so that the employer can verify your background from your social media.
- Use a logical and professional format for 2016-2017 resumes, which should have one inch of margins on all sides, using an A4 paper, saved in PDF (if sending by email), using Times New Roman or Arial between sizes 9 and 12.
- Top resumes 2016-2017 also contain buzzwords based on industry. These are the words that could highlight and show your knowledge of the job you are applying for. Also, you should use keywords that will get your resume noticed, especially if you’re sending it to job boards. They can be more searchable by the employer if they contain key search words that can help the employers to find you.
- When creating the perfect resume 2017, you should also remember the use of bullets in the latest resume for easy reading and scanning of your information. You can use this list when writing your accomplishments because it can emphasize on those points in an easier and faster manner than using a paragraph style.
Following these tips when making the perfect resume 2017 will help you gain the advantage over other applicants aspiring for the same position.
Guidelines to Building the Best Resume 2016-2017
Applying for a new job can be daunting because you need to convince recruiters that you are perfectly qualified for the job being offered. What’s more, you should also take into consideration that you will be competing with others when it comes to the same job which means that you need to put a lot of effort into creating your resume.
Aside from these suggestions on how to make your CV stand out, there are other aspects that you need to take into account such as:
- Research the job. As a job hunter, it is important that you understand what the job is all about. This includes job requirements and scope of work. This way, it will be easier for you to shape your resume accordingly.
- Tailor your resume. If you want your CV to stand out, the best thing to do is to customize its contents based on the needs of the employer. Generic resumes won’t stand a chance against a resume that is geared towards answering the requirements of the job.
- Show your strengths. Your resume should focus on what your strengths are as recruiters will be looking forward to determining whether you are qualified for the job or not. It is imperative that you highlight this section of your resume otherwise you won’t make any impression on your readers at all.
- Add headline. One way to make your CV capture your audience’s attention is to add a headline under your personal information. The headline is a brief introduction to who you are and what your specialization is.
- Include details. Show, don’t tell. Recruiters would like to know more about your skills and your experiences as long as they are related to the job available. Make sure that you focus on specifics of your experiences so your readers will know who you are.
- Keep it short. When writing your resume, make sure that the length doesn’t go beyond two pages. Any more will lose the interest of your readers. Keep in mind that recruits will only pay a few seconds of attention for each CV which is why you need to keep everything as brief as possible.
- Avoid using vague descriptions. Don’t use vague descriptions about your skills and experiences. You need to get straight to the point because recruiters prefer it this way. Don’t use clichés too as this will only make your resume a boring read. Think carefully on what you have achieved or learned so far and make sure that you highlight them in your resume.
- Get feedback. It pays to have someone review your resume for you so that you will be able to get an idea on whether your CV is enough to capture the interest of recruiters or if it needs more work.
- Proofread and edit. Don’t forget to go over your CV as many times as possible to determine whether there are any errors that you have made and be able to edit them as well. This way, you will be able to submit a well-polished resume that will impress the right people.
- Write a summary. According to Forbes.com:
“The summary should vividly describe your personal brand, including three compelling reasons an employer would want you.”
This summary should be about 40 to 50 words only so make sure that every word counts.
There is simply no reason why you shouldn’t be able to submit a winning resume to potential employers. As long as you keep these tips in mind, your CV will come out better than ever. Your resume is valuable in your bid to find the best job in your field. Keep in mind that the contents of your resume and how you present it can affect your chances of getting noticed among the rest of the applicants who are vying for the same position.