Are you looking for free download resume format? If so, you have come to the right post that will show you exactly how to get the best-looking resume format to download and use for your fresher resume sample in 2016.
How to Choose the Best Free Download Resume Format
The modern formats of resume:
- Video resumes: This is the resume format download free that is in video format. You can check this out if you are looking for a modern and unique format for your application
- Infographic: This format makes use of visuals and illustrations and comes complete with statistics, tables or graphs showing some key stats about you and your accomplishments.
- Social resume: This is the usual resume you will see on social media, including LinkedIn and Facebook. If you want this resume format download free, ensure that you fill up all the fields needed with updated and professional information, with a professional photo.
Other modern resume formats 2016:
- Chronological resumes make use of a solid employment background as the selling point of the application. List all the related jobs you have handled starting from the newest to the oldest.
- Functional formats make use of your skills as the main selling points used in highlighting your best assets to do the job. You can make use of such format if you have gaps in employment, if you are changing from one industry to another.
- Combination resume is the type that uses both the features found in the chronological and the functional resume types. You can use this free resume format download if you are both a veteran worker and someone that has already gained the most important skills needed for the job.
- Professional format is the one used by people who want to target a specific job and company. This is why they tailor their resume format download free to suit the requirements as stated in the advertisement.
There you have the types of resume formats to download and edit for customizing your very own application based on the company you are applying and based on the skills and work experience you have.
Guideline for a perfect resume format 2016
Your resume plays a significant role in applying for work as it is here where you get to show your readers your qualifications for the job on hand. And when it comes to talking about your skills, there are two types that you should talk about and these are hard and soft skills. According to Amanda Haddaway of Careerrealism:
“Resumes are still the main “calling card” used by job seekers and there are various schools of thought about the formatting of your document.”
Although there is no one sure way on how to format your paper, there are still elements that you need to take into consideration when writing yours such as the following:
- Use white space. When building your resume, make sure that you use white space like using an inch for the margin of your paper so that the content of your paper won’t disappear when the manager prints it. As much as possible, integrate white spaces because it will make your resume easier on the eyes.
- Complete all fields. Another trick to building your resume is to avoid leaving any empty fields. See to it that you have covered all the fields in your application so that your readers will know what makes you qualified for the job that they are offering.
- Know the job. It pays to know the work that you are applying for. This includes the responsibilities that will fall on your shoulders if ever you choose to proceed with this kind of work.
- Customize. Since you know the work that you are applying for and you want to stand out from the crowd, the best step to take is to customize your resume. This way, you can show your readers that you are paying attention to what they are looking for in your resume.
- Be consistent. It is imperative that you show consistency in creating your resume because it will be easier on the eyes of your readers. From the fonts to the design of your resume, everything should be consistent from start to finish.
- Remove the fluff. One thing that you need to avoid when writing your resume is to avoid any fluff as they will eat up space while doing nothing to improve your chances of being hired. As much as possible, keep the contents of your resume straight to the point.
- Check length of paper. It’s easy to get carried away when writing your resume especially when there are quite a lot of details for you to share. However, you need to keep your resume at a certain length only so that you’ll get the attention of your reader.
- Spell check your work. Never submit a resume without doing spell check first because there are instances when you’ll be typing the wrong word without even noticing it.
- Have someone proofread your resume. Although you can proofread your own work, as much as possible, have someone else review it for you. One reason behind this is that there is a tendency for you to skip some errors because for you, they are correct.
- Start editing. After having your paper proofread, it is time for you to edit your work so that you will be able to improve your resume further.
These are just a few tips on what you can do to make your resume stand out among the crowd. Keep in mind that your resume is your ticket to getting an interview so make sure that you put a lot of effort into building the best one for your needs. As much as possible, keep updating your resume as you learn new skills so that it will be easier for you to highlight your most important skills and experiences depending on the job that you are applying for. This way, you will have a much better chance of landing the perfect job for you.