Federal resume 2016 format is different from resumes created for the private sector, and this includes information about job announcement and job title. For more information, check out the following section in content creation for your federal resume.
Federal Resume Template on Content
- It should include the job announcement number, the job title or position and the job grade.
- It should also include complete personal and contact details, such as your full name, mailing address, phone numbers and professional email address.
- If you are living in another country not in the US, you should state your country of citizenship.
More Tips from Federal Resume Examples
- For veteran’s application, upload any supporting documents, such as SF-15, Disability rating letter…
- For peace corps, provide DOS or description of service, claiming eligibility for federal positions
- For persons with disabilities, you will need to provide employment eligibility under Schedule A of the hiring authority by giving proof of disability given by a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist, for instance
Federal Resume Template
- Educational background, including school name, zip code, type and year of degrees, majors; if requested ,date of diploma or GED
- Veterans: Military training may be counted for a qualification, so you may want to use your VMET or the Verification of Military Experience and Training document in your resume to prove your training and education
- Work experience must also be included in writing the federal resume, but this only list those most important ones for your application. This may include volunteer experience, key work and so on.
Tips for a Successful Federal Resume Template
- Start with your latest position and then all the next ones in the reverse chronological format.
- Mention you job title, including start and end date, month and year; include the name of the employer or state if you are self-employed; and list down all your main accomplishments.
- Proofread and edit your federal resume template to ensure that your finished product does not contain any grammar and spelling errors.
Follow these tips and make sure you are maximizing your format for a federal resume or even for a finance resume.