Lost in all the templates found on the internet and do not what to include in yours? Do not how to impress your potential employer? Then the following tips are for you!According to a sample high school resume, the latest resumes for 2016 are especially suitable for your upcoming applications. If you are a teenager applying for a job and you don’t have much work history or experience to show, you can use some effective strategies that can help you make an appealing resume to capture the attention of the employer. Check out the following tips for high school resumes in 2016.
10 Tips for High School Resumes
- State your identification, including your complete name, full mailing address, email address and phone number. If you have a fax number, you can also include it.
- Write your objective statement. This is the section where to state your future plans, which may be aligned with the company’s goals. You don’t have to make it that long, but a couple of lines to describe your skills and knowledge best would be sufficient. For example, you can write, “Worked as a sales representative for ABC Pharmaceuticals…”
- Complete your education information. You can list down your education background in high school resumes, including school name and anticipated graduation year and take note of any future educational plans. You can also list down some significant courses taken and projects accomplished that are related to the job you are applying for.
- Write you work experience, and start with the most recent. Describe your roles, too, and make sure to quantify any accomplishments you have had in that particular company and position. Some examples of descriptions to use include:
- Cleared tables
- Helped in kitchen
- Handled the cash register
- Brought orders
- Just as in the sample high school resume 2016, you can also write about pertinent school activities that made you a better person. Some examples, including captain of the football team, member of the school’s honor community….
- Awards and honors received should also be included in the CV example 2017 for high school. You should itemize these honors, such as those competitive scholarships received. Honors can include student of the week, senior class president and first place in English writing contest.
- Include references.
- Proofread and edit your paper.
- Use A4 size paper, font style Times New Roman and size between 9 and 12.
- Save in PDF if you’re sending through email.