If you’re a high school student aiming at earning some money to help with educational needs or at performing some jobs to add to your portfolio, then you need some tips in making high school student resume templates 2018 work for you. See the next section for useful tidbits of information you need for highlighting how you are the right candidate for a job.
Resume Template for High School Student
- Write about your personal and contact details in the first section of you resume. This section contains your full name, complete mailing information, mobile or home phone number and fax number. For modern resumes, you can also include links to your social media or online resumes.
- Have an objective statement written. For resume templates for high school students 2018, this portion is still included because students still don’t have much experience to show or write in their resume. Rather, they can focus on the future plans they have, like their educational plans as pursuing a particular course in college to show how this job can help them improve their knowledge in obtaining that future educational degree.
- According to what a resume looks like for high school student, high school resumes must also include educational background, including the school’s name and complete address, as well as noting of future educational plans. There can also be a list of specific subjects or courses taken, which relate to the job applied for.
- Write some of your work experience, such as working as a waiter, pump attendant and so on. Since high school students may have limited job history, you can also list some related activities, including volunteer works or coursework done.
- Write about awards or honors received in the application. This can signify how you are a good student, athletically, academically or as a leader. You can include things like “senior class president, first place in science quiz bee….”
- Include important references, which can include your mentors or anyone that has great influenced over you. These can also include people who know and who can talk about you.
Use the Best High School Student Resume Template 2018
There you have the most important tips to know how to format your high school student CV sample 2018 that can help show off your related skills and academic prowess needed for the job.
Checklist to Making Your Fresher Resume Stand Out
It’s not unusual to find high school students looking for a job that in between semesters or even during their studies especially when they’re a bit tight on funds. However, their lack of experience can reduce their chances of finding extra work to help them with their school finances because most prefer employees with some experience. Should this discourage you? Of course not! Even when you don’t have enough work experience yet, you can still increase your chances of finding a summer job or part-time work with the help of a good resume. Building a resume is a critical component when you look for work but you also need to take into consideration that you are not the only one who is applying for a job. With this in mind, it is important that you step up your resume writing skills so that you’ll be able to hand in a professionally done resume to potential employers. Here are some tips that can help you out.
- Skip the objective. According to Lisa Menara of Student.org:
“Look at the objective in your resume. Chances are it says something along the lines of “To use my skills to help your company succeed.” If everyone applying for the position is using the same cookie cutter sentence, it won’t help any of you.”
A good replacement for the objective statement is to give a summary of your skills so that your readers can pick up your best features even when just glancing at it.
- Remove any fluff. Writing a CV is not that easy to do hence many students opt to put fluff in their resume just to make it appear longer. Unfortunately, this won’t improve your resume one bit which is why it is better that you do away with useless sentences and just focus on what makes you a good candidate for the job.
- Utilize social media. Most likely you have several social media accounts already that you use for personal reasons but did you know that you can actually utilize these sites to find a job?
- Keep it professional. Just because you are a high school student it doesn’t mean that you can’t be professional in writing your CV. As a matter of fact, you can show that you are mature enough when applying for a job through your resume.
- Review your work. One of the worst mistakes that you can do when writing your CV is not proofreading it. Remember that you might have made some errors when building your resume so make sure that you proofread your work afterwards.
- Customize your resume. It’s important that you customize your resume according to the job that you are after because you might miss out on some of the best opportunities out there for you to try because you didn’t give much importance to your CV.
- Stick to the facts. Why write lies when you can stick to the truth? Keep in mind that just because you don’t have much experience it doesn’t mean that you should add details that aren’t true.
- Show off your skills. Why be embarrassed about your lack of experience when you can talk about skills that you have acquired both inside and outside of school? You should be proud of the things that you can do but make sure that you don’t go overboard with it as you might come off as arrogant.
- Get feedback. Ask someone to review your CV for you so you will know what changes to make in your document.