How should a resume 2016 look like? For job seekers aiming at landing a new job or for entry level professionals looking to land in their dream company, there are some important factors to remember when coming up with a great resume format 2017, which is what you’ll learning below.
Check out the next section and know what to write in your resume.
The Features on How Should a Resume Look Like
- Headline: This is the component where that introduces you, including your name, permanent home address, mobile number, email address, social media links and fax number, whichever apply.
- Employment background: This is one of the most important features of your resume in 2016-2017. It should include all the jobs you handled and the accomplishments you have had per position. Only list those that have something to do with this application.
- Education or academic background: This is about your academic accomplishments and background, including school name and address, degree earned, GPA and completion year.
- Honors, awards, accomplishments earned or received: If you’re a newbie, you can include those awards and honors you received in school or in other related activities, which tells more about you and your abilities. If you’re a veteran, you should include those achievements you have had relating to this application.
- Related job skills: This can include any other languages you know, such as Spanish, German or French, as well as this can include computer related skills, administrative skills and so on.
What a Resume Looks Like?
- Always upsell your accomplishments showing that you are indeed an effective person for the job. You don’t have to focus on your job duties, but on the quantifications that you have to show your accomplishments.
- Use specific buzzwords or industry-related terms to highlight your best assets and qualifications. Find related job keywords to include. That’s what a resume should look like.
- Proofread your resume template 2017 and don’t send an erroneous one to avoid being turned down from the start. Increase your chances to being interviewed by giving attention to grammar details and submitting a well-polished CV.
There you have the best tips on “how should a resume look like” for an increased job chances.
Checklist for Creating a Killer Resume
It’s understandable that writing your resume poses a problem for you especially when you are trying to beat your competition. After all, you won’t know how others will be approaching their resume so you need to think of a way on how you’re going to make your own document stand out just like the tips mentioned here:
What other steps that you can take to make your resume gain the upper hand against your competitors? Here is a checklist for you to use.
“Keep in mind, employers tend to have quite a few resumes they need to look over, and thus don’t spend much time on any individual resume – at least in the early stages of the application process. The easier your resume is to read, the more likely it is actually to be read.”
As much as you would like to put all the details about you in your resume, keeping it as simple as possible will be more beneficial to you in the long run because recruiters will be able to gather relevant information about you even when they just gave your resume a cursory look.