Nowadays the market is overfilled with both newbies and professionals. In the ocean of potential employees, how is a recruiter supposed to pay attention to you exclusively?
Because of the growing competition in job applications, some job seekers, especially high school students, are not able to maximize their high school graduate resume template. And without capturing the reader’s attention, there are few possibilities you will get noticed.
What’s more, a poorly written resume won’t increase your chances to bagging an interview invitation.
You send this pathetic (at least, be honest to yourself) resume again and again, still there is no answer. Have no idea what the reason is?
Well, we have. If you want to optimize your chances to landing an interview invitation, check out the following tips on how to boost your resume in seven days.
Resume Template for High School Students
If you got seven days before submitting your resume, then it is the best time to start conceptualizing your application and considering the information to include in your resume template for high school students right at this very moment. So to get started right, check out the following formatting tips for the best high school resume format now.
Parts of the High School Graduate Resume Template
- Headline: This includes your complete name, mailing address, email address and mobile number. This will help the reader find your contact information faster than him having to look for it in the hard way.
- Objective statement: This section will include and talk about your future career plans. It’s the employer’s chance to find out if your visions are something that aligns with their company goals.
- Education: This part of your high school resume includes details about your academic background, complete with the name of the school, address and expected year of graduation.
- Employment history: This section includes your job related experiences starting from the most recent to the least recent. Now if you don’t have much work history to show, you can list down a few of your volunteer activities and related coursework to display your skills for the job.
- Awards/honors/scholarships received must also be included in the application to display your knowledge and skills as well as your academic excellence. Still include only those that can truly impress your potential employer.
- List a couple of important references. This should include the name, company name, position and contact number.
Basically, these are the tips to remember when writing your high school resume that will help you in constructing the most competitive and organized one.
Spend some time to polish you resume, CV or cover letter. It is of vital importance to correct all the mistakes. If you need professional assistance, hire cover letter editing service to help you out!
Done with all the above suggestions? Good job and good luck!
Use this list of tips from a good high school graduate resume template today!
Image credit: giphy.com, designschool.canva.com