Do you want to know of ways on how to write a resume summary? Take note, a resume summary is somehow like an objective statement because it catches the employer’s attention by summarizing some key points at the top of the application. This is a brief list of the highlights of your qualifications for the job. Now if you don’t know how to come up with a perfect one, here are some tips that will help you do so.
How Does a Resume Look Like with Resume Summary?
As said, a summary can highlight your best characteristics and even your value proposition to be accepted for the job, and by doing so, you can make your resume 2016 appear more professional and appealing because it is benefit-oriented, meaning it points out important features that get the reader’s attention about you.
In the process, you are giving the employer a quick glance of things you can do and offer to the table. Therefore, you can clearly show why you are the right person to take on the job and not someone else. So if you want an impressive application, here are tips on how to write a professional profile.
How to Write a Resume Summary
- Whether you are writing an entry level or an expert resume tips 2016, you should show specific examples of the results you have caused or have brought into the company. You should also show ways on how you helped organizations or departments you have worked for or have handled.
- It should be composed of up to six lines of text about you and your professional summary. If you would think of it, you can conclude that the resume statement is the part where you show off your accomplishments on the top fold of your resume. Therefore, make sure to include your most significant achievements from a job.
Here is an example on ways on how to write a professional profile:
Multi-faceted, reliable and efficient administrative expert with more than 10 years of working experience supporting executives and managers in improving internal operations for small businesses.
Follow these tips and do a great job in your resume summary to include in your application for the coming year. And always be sincere in what you write, especially in such an important document as a resume. Lies in resume may have very negative consequences.
A Checklist for an Impressive Resume
If you’ve been looking at modern resume samples lately, you might have noticed that the objective statement is no longer in use. What’s taken its place is the resume summary where the applicant creates a brief about their career history, their skills, and their goals. According to The Muse:
“For those of you who don’t know, a resume summary statement (also known as “Summary of Qualifications” or just “Competencies”) essentially consists of a few pithy and strong statements at the beginning of your resume template that help summarize you skills and experience in order for a prospective employer to quickly get a sense of the value that you could offer.”
This means that you need to work on your resume summary careful so that you will be able to deliver an impressive statement right from the start. The good news is that the resume summary isn’t the only thing that your readers will be looking at. If you want to create an outstanding resume, you might want to use this checklist to ensure that you have covered everything in your resume.
- Use the right format. Your format plays an important role in your resume because it helps you layout the contents of your paper so that it will be easier for your readers to find the information that they need. Make sure that the format that you are going to use is appropriate for the job.
- Make your skills a priority. No resume will be complete without adding your skills so you need to consider carefully what abilities you have that are appropriate for the job being offered and write them down.
- Explain your experiences. It’s important that you give details about your experiences and skills as much as possible so that your readers will get to know you better. Just make sure that the details that you are adding will help convince your readers that you are the best one for the job.
- Avoid lying. You don’t really have to lie in your resume just to look good in your resume. However, there are those who tend to alter their resumes just to make it look more impressive.
- Keep it short. As much as possible, keep your resume short and to the point instead of writing irrelevant statements. Remember that recruiters can only spare a few seconds in reviewing your resume for the first screening so make sure that what they read will impress them immediately.
- Use colors. Submitting a black and white resume is boring. Adding a splash of colors, on the other hand, will make your resume more inviting to your readers plus you can use the colors to identify the categories in your resume.
- Avoid clutter. When designing your resume, make sure that you remove any clutter such as graphics and the like that is distracting your readers from the main content of your resume. You don’t want to end up confusing your readers because there is too much going on in your resume.
- Add social media presence. In these times where most people have a social media account, why not integrate your online presence in your resume? For example, if you have an account in LinkedIn, add it to your personal information so that your readers can click on it to see your profile.
- Use buzzwords. Don’t forget to include industry keywords in your resume as this will help recruiters and search engines find relevant resumes quickly. The keywords will help increase your presence online so that the right employers will find you.
- Proofread. Make sure that you proofread your resume before you submit it so that you will be able to spot any mistakes that you have made in the first draft. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t hand in a resume that is filled with errors to show employers that you are a professional when it comes to your work.