Today, your success in a job application depends on many things, but using the latest CV format 2016-2017 will help ensure that you win that job faster than you or your fellow applicants may have expected. What you need to focus on the information you include in it as well as the way you present it.
The common mistake that job applicants do in their latest curriculum vitae format 2016 is using one that many hiring managers have considered as mediocre. Thus, it leaves you a very little chance of landing that job. Now, do you have any idea what resume 2016 is about? If not, continue reading this post.
Latest CV Format 2016-2017: What Hiring Managers Want to Read?
When applying for a job, the first thing that you should be mindful of is the resume writing 2016, you are to present and submit to a potential employer. Whether it is an online application or submitting it directly to a possible employer, you should ensure that your latest CV format 2016-2017 makes you stand out from your fellow applicants. Well then, why don’t you look into the following recommendations?
- Experts recommend that you update your contact information that includes your LinkedIn profile, phone number and Skype ID. Ensure that you keep these communication portals checked all the time.
- According to sources, most hiring managers prefer the font type Arial as part of a latest curriculum vitae format 2016 simply because it is easier to read. In addition, most recruiters say that fonts like Gothic or Open Sans must be avoided.
- Finally, try not to include your photo especially if it is not required from you. This is a way for you to show your possible employer that you are paying attention to what they want from you.
There you have it, the latest curriculum vitae format 2016 that would surely help you get the job rather than your competitor. Other than the things listed above, you can also seek for help online from professional writers to give you a helping when writing one.
Checklist for a professional CV 2016
Your CV plays an important role in your quest to find the best job for your skills and experience which means that you need to put a lot of effort into building your resume template 2017 so that it will meet the requirements of potential employers. There are a lot of ways in which you can make yours standout such as using infographics like:
In the infographic above, you can actually show your level of expertise for each skill without writing any text. It is relatively simple but informative at the same time and it is quite different from the regular resumes that are being sent. This is one of the best ways for you to make a good impression to your readers that can easily translate to being invited for an interview.
The question now is how will you make your resume capture the interest of your readers? Here are some tips on how you can achieve this easily.
- Customize your CV based on the job that you are after. One of the biggest mistakes when writing your CV is making it generic because you don’t want to spend more time in building other CVs anymore. This may save you time but your chances of finding decent work will be limited because you are not, in any way, convincing enough to hire.
- Keep your CV simple. You don’t really have to try too hard to impress your readers especially when you’re going to add graphics or any other designs to your paper. Keeping it simple is the best thing that you can do for your CV because it will make it easier for your readers to find the information that they need.
- Add relevant details. Never forget to include pertinent details such as personal information, education, work history, skills, and achievements because these details are what your readers will be looking for when you submit your CV.
- Include social media accounts. You should also include any social media accounts that you have that are related to the work that you are after because it will help your readers gain insight on your craft.
- Focus on your achievements. It pays to toot your own horn every once in a while particularly when you are aiming for a job that you know you can do very well.
- Be confident. Your CV won’t get any attention if you yourself are not confident with what you have achieved so far. If you know that you are the most qualified for the job being offered, show it.
- Check your grammar. Kevin Peachey, a personal finance writer from BBC News, said:
“Experts say there are some golden rules for getting a CV correct, not least accuracy, spelling, and grammar. Don’t repeat the mistakes, they say, of a lawyer who stressed his “dew diligence” or the applicant who ignored commas when describing his interests as “cooking dogs and interesting people.”
Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are vital when making your CV so check them as often as possible.
- Keep it short. Your CV should be short but concise and that it should offer valuable information to your readers as well.
- Take risks. If you are still sticking with the more formal approach to your CV, you might want to take risks from time to time. You need to take into consideration the job post that you are after as well as your target audience so you will be able to answer all of their needs in your CV.
- Don’t put any photos. Your resume doesn’t have to contain a photo of you unless required. This way, you can show your readers that you are actually paying attention to what they need rather than yours.
These are just a few pointers that you can use when building a CV. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to customize your CV so that it will come out better than the rest.