Can the Latest Resume Format 2016-2017 Help You Get a Job?
If you want to get invited for an interview for that new job you really do need to ensure that your resume format 2016 will get you noticed. Using the latest resume format 2016-2017 will give you a helping hand in getting noticed by the recruiters. Most recruiters will only spend a few seconds to review your resume and if they don’t see what they need to see in those few seconds then you can be sure that you are not going to get an interview. Your resume format has got to be able to highlight all of the specific skills and experiences that they are looking for in a way that they are immediately obvious to the reader so that they don’t have to go looking for them.
What Should Your Resume Format 2016 Look Like?
If you want to get an interview then you have to be able to get the recruiter to immediately see that you fully meet their requirements within just a few seconds. This means that a generic, one size fits all resume is just not going to cut it. Your resume has to be fully tailored to reflect exactly what the recruiter wants to see. So before you even start arranging your resume you must first fully identify exactly what is important to the recruiter. Once you know what they want to see you can then start to format your resume to highlight it so that you are seen as a perfect match to their needs. The following are some guidelines for your best resume format 2016:
- Do not exceed 2 pages with your resume: the aim of your resume is to get an interview not to list out your entire life and working history.
- Stick to what is relevant: Unless something is directly related to what the recruiter is looking for then it does not belong within your resume.
- Keep your resume looking clean:
- Use uniform 1” margins as a minimum
- Use a 12 pt font that is easy to read
- Leave at least 1 blank line prior to each section and bold section headings to draw attention
- Do not use borders or dividers or any form of graphics
- Ensure that the most important skills, qualifications or experiences are placed at the start of each relevant section ensuring they are seen first.
- Do not list job responsibilities as they tell the recruiter nothing about your performance: List your achievements.
- Quantify your achievements where possible: Figures such as savings made and additional sales will get the recruiters attention fully.
- Ensure that your information is completely correct, it is surprising how many applicants neglect to update things such as phone numbers and email addresses.
- Don’t use “clever” or “funny” email addresses on your resume, they may be fun for your social life but they are not going to impress your future employer.
- Proofread everything very carefully: Errors that should have been caught and eliminated are not going to impress the recruiter.
Guidelines to the Best Resume
Vivian Gang and Melissa Stanger of Business Insider said:
“It takes recruiters an average of “six seconds before they make the initial ‘fit or not fit’ decision” on candidates based on resumes, according to research conducted by The Ladders.”
With this in mind, you will need to think of a way on how you’re going to make your resume impress recruiters so that they will keep you in their “fit” file.
It’s not really surprising that many failed to make an impression with their readers because they did not put much effort into building their resume. Many have stuck with using templates downloaded online but the problem with these templates is that they have already been used by others. It will be difficult for you to stand out if this is the case. For those who want their CV to get noticed among the rest of the applicants, here are a few tips to take into consideration.
- Create a headline. Grabbing the attention of your reader within a few seconds is not that impossible especially when you create a headline that captures your specialization and written in a catchy manner. Place your headline under your personal information so your readers can easily determine what your background is.
- Know the job. The problem with many applicants is that they don’t really pay much attention to the job being offered. This causes them to miss adding pertinent details in their CV sample 2017 costing them their chance of getting noticed among the crowd.
- Always customize. No matter what kind of job that you are applying for, it is important that you customize content specifically for the work that you are after. This makes it easier for recruiters to find your strengths so they can decide quickly on whether you are worth considering for the job or not.
- Focus on your strengths. Make the most out of your resume by focusing on your strengths. Your readers will want you to convince them that you are the best one for the job they are offering through the skills that you will highlight in your resume. Use the knowledge that you have gained in your research to ensure that the skills that you include are relevant to the job.
- Don’t lie. Most applicants tweak their resume from time to time by adding some falsehoods just to put their resume ahead of their competition. Unfortunately, expert recruiters can easily spot a lie and because fact checking is easier today than before, they won’t have a hard time checking the contents of your resume.
- Use a career summary. Instead of writing your objectives, use career summary instead so that your readers can get a glimpse of your career path. They can use the information to determine whether you are worth considering for the job post.
- Write in brief. You don’t have to write more than four pages worth of resume just to make a good impression with your readers. Even a short one will suffice as long as the content is related to the work that you are after.
- Share relevant experiences. Any experiences that you think have helped shape you into who you are at the moment should be included in your resume so your readers will have an idea on how you have developed your skills.
- Review your work. Proofread your CV sample 2017 to ensure that there are no errors such as grammar mistakes that will mar your paper.
- Get feedback. As much as possible, have someone review your resume so that you can determine whether there are changes to be made for your resume to stand out.
With these guidelines in mind, it won’t be long before you produce a CV that will pique the interest of recruiters so that they will consider you for the job that they are offering.