Resume 2016 writing is not just about being too fancy, but more about tips on how to you create one, because employers nowadays look to view modern resume examples 2017 coming from any of their applicants. In addition, these companies would use an ATS or an Applicant Tracking System in order for them to sort out top resumes from thousands that they get to receive every day. With that in mind, what are the things that you can do in order to cope with technology and how modern resume writing is today?
That is certainly a tough question, but you shouldn’t worry since this post covers the most recent resume format 2016 is about. Let’s look into the following suggestions that can help make your resume to be as modern as it can be. Let’s get started.
Top Recent Resume Format 2016
Since the newest resume format 2016 continues to evolve every day, applicants like you should be able to cope with the changes it calls for. However, experts suggest that you should keep yourself aware of the basics of resume writing. Why don’t you look into the following resume formats listed?
That is it for the most recent resume format 2016. Make sure that you get to ask for opinions coming from your friends or family, because for sure they would have a say about resume writing. Also, if you are looking for sample medical assistant resume, here are some.
Checklist for a Modern Resume
Your resume plays a huge role in your application for a new job as it is here where you get to talk about your qualifications, your background, your goals, and the like. However, many applicants don’t really put much thought into their resume because for them, their grades and their CVs are enough to speak of their qualifications. Unfortunately, this is one reason why many fail to make an impression with HR managers because their resume lacks substance. Add to this the fact that not everyone knows what the elements of a modern resume are, it’s really not that surprising to find that many qualified applicants fail to meet the HR manager’s expectations. For those who are wondering what do employers want in a resume, look at the sample below.
As you can see from the image, recruiters are looking for specific elements when reviewing resumes such as links to social media accounts and length of resume. Of course, there are other factors that you need to take into account if you want to create a winning resume such as:
- Header. This is where your personal information is found so make sure that your resume contains this. When it comes to your email address, use one that sounds professional rather than your personal email. This way, you’ll be able to separate your personal life with your work. Don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio if you have one.
- Summary of skills. Most resumes have objective statements but since we are talking about modern resumes, switch your objectives with a summary of your skills. This will help your readers identify valuable information about you even when they give your resume a cursory look.
- State your professional experience. If you’ve been working for the past 15 years or so, just include up to 12 years of work because you don’t want to bore your readers with information that are no longer relevant to the current position that you are applying for.
- Education. When writing about your education, make sure that you include the degrees that you have finished. If you are currently taking up a new degree, it is best that you leave it out for the meantime. You only need to state your school name and your GPA in your resume with details to follow when requested.
- Skills. According to Elissa Barnes of Careerprofiles.com:
“This is a critical part of the resume, and surprisingly, half of all people leave it off. In today’s technical age, you must include your computer abilities. Companies want to know every piece of software that you know how to use, including the basics like Microsoft Office. Don’t assume it’s implied.”
Any other skills that you think are relevant to the job that you are after should be highlighted as well.
- Format. The way you format your resume is important as this will add to the overall quality of your resume. It also helps streamline your resume which can assist your readers in finding relevant information about you in just a few seconds.
- Use buzzwords. Don’t hesitate to use buzzwords in your resume especially when you want to increase your chances of getting noticed among the crowd. Adding keywords can help search engines as well as HR managers decide which pile to add your resume.
- Add cover letter. Another trick to boosting your resume is to add a cover letter. Here you can give a brief summary of what will be covered in your resume as well as those that aren’t so your readers can get an idea on what you are trying to convey in your application.
- Customize. Your resume should be customized to the job post that you are applying for. Make sure that you study the job ad and that you tailor its contents to address the needs of the company.
- Proofread. Don’t forget to review your resume after you are done with it so you can check if there are any mistakes or if there are elements that you need to revise. Keep in mind that your resume is your ticket to getting interviewed for the job.