Resumes and cover letters for high school students are the requirements for college application. Colleges are seeking for a person that will meet their needs and will show that they are the best candidate they are looking for that is why it is important to know the best high school resume layout tips in writing high school resume for college.
Tips in Writing High School Student Resume for College Application
In writing high school student resume for college application, it has several sections. It includes:
- Name and contact details
- Summary or objective statement
- Work experience
- Extracurricular and volunteer experience
- Education Skills
- State summary or objective statement: After writing your name and contact details on top of the page, you need to write your objective statement stating your employment goals and what you are looking for.
- Describe work experience: Include summer jobs and internships you have. List the dates, job title and describe your duties.
- Include extracurricular and volunteer experience: Volunteering experience shows that you’re reliable and hard working.
- Describe education: Just list the high school you attended.
- Highlight your skills: You can write about your software or computer skills. Listing languages you know is also important. In skills section, you write list your video or blogging experience.
- Tailor your resume: Tailor your resume for different positions. Also, do not forget to add new skills and experience in your resume as you progress.
High School Resume for College Sample
111 Stanley Drive
Great student with experience in online journalism while working with other people and seek to learn more in the field of public relations and communications.
- Completed 3 years at Hometown High School
- Graduated: June 2014
- GPA: 4.00
- Yearbook Committee Member at Hometown High School
- Editor in chief of yearbook and responsible for publications and design, July 2011 up to present
- Yearbook staff member and have experience in designing layout, writing captions and taking pictures, July up to July 2011
High School Studies: Debate, technical writing, desktop publishing and advanced composition
Honors, Awards and Memberships:
- Best High School Newspaper Design
- National Honor Society
A high school resume for college sample is essential but it is also important to know tips in writing to know how you will deliver the information. Start writing your resume now!