How does a traditional resume template look like? If you’re looking to apply for a new job the coming year, then you might have been in the middle of deciding how to create your resume with the proper template. In today’s post, you will learn exactly the right way of coming up with a good resume format, no matter your industry. Check out the next section for tips in creating the perfect resume 2016.
Free Word Resume Template Tips
- First section includes your personal and contact information. Write your complete name in the headline, which should have a larger font size than the rest of the paper. Following, write your contact details, including your home address, email address and mobile or phone number. Make sure these details are updated so that the employer can contact you easily in case he decides contacting you for an interview.
- Career highlights or summary: This section should include four to six lines about your value proposition, including your most significant, recent achievements. It can also be composed of an eye-catching quick overview about you. For example, “Managed 20 employees for a project design contract at ABC Company…”
- Work experience: Write most recent and related jobs in this section, but make sure not to include every job handled. Let know that you have limited space in your free word resume template that should be only up to two pages.
- Education: Write your academic background, which includes college or university attended, address, zip code, degree earned, year completed and GPA.
- Accomplishments: Include your most significant achievements, which can compose of your awards, honors and certifications. You can include dates, giving or issuing body and other pertinent details.
- Key skills: This will include your main job skills, including computer skills, language skills and so on, depending on your industry.
Use the Best Professional Resume Templates Word
There you have what to include in your professional resume templates word to remember so that you will have an advantage of showing off your real worth as an ideal candidate for the job. Also, if you are looking for modern resume examples, here are some.
Guidelines to Follow for a Stunning Resume
According to Jane Heifetz, founder of Right Resumes and resume expert on how to write a resume:
“You have to think carefully about what to say and how to say it so the hiring manager thinks, ‘This person can do what I need done’”
With this statement in mind, here are some guidelines to consider so that you will be able to create a stunning resume in no time.
- Learn more about the job. One of the most effective ways in which you can make your resume stand out is to study the job being offered. This will give you insights on what companies are looking for in their recruits including the kind of work that you will be doing as well.
- Tailor resume. As a job seeker, it is important that you deliver the best resume that you can muster for the job. And what better way to do this than by customizing your resume based on the needs of the company? Make sure that you get all relevant information delivered as quickly as possible so they can qualify you for the second screening.
- Use social media. Another trick to get your resume noticed is to use social media sites like LinkedIn which employers use to find new recruits. Employers tend to utilize the internet often because the bulk of job seekers are here which expedites their search for qualified individuals to join their team.
- Show your skills. Your readers want to know what you are capable of. Choose skills that are suited for the job and use them in your resume. Keep in mind that your skills will separate you from the rest of the applicants.
- Talk about your experiences. Share experiences that are relevant to the job as this will give your readers a better idea on who you are both as an individual and as an employee. Details are everything when it comes to resume writing so make sure that you don’t hesitate in giving information about your qualifications.
- Remove fluff. It’s important that the content of your resume should all be relevant to the job that you are after. Get rid of any fluff or extenders that don’t do your resume any good. This frees up more space for you to use in your resume.
- Buzzwords are needed. Don’t forget to use keywords or buzzwords in your resume because they will help your resume become searchable online. Use industry related keywords or key phrases so that your resume will attract the right employers.
- State facts. When writing your resume, make sure that you stick with the truth. Remember that HR managers are using fact checking programs to determine if there is truth in what you have written in your resume.
- Ask for feedback. If you want to ensure that your resume will stand out, have someone else read it for you. They will be able to give you insight on whether there are any changes that you need to do for your resume or if what you have done is enough to get noticed.
- Edit your resume. Make it a point to review and revise your resume because the first draft will most likely have errors that you didn’t notice. Go over your resume as many times as possible until you are satisfied that you have spotted all the mistakes and have revised the weakest spots too.
There is no need for you to worry about how you’re going to make your resume stand out because there are ways in which you can impress the right people. With these tips in mind, it won’t be long before you land the perfect job based on the skills and experiences that you have. Take your time to study existing resumes so you will get an idea on what changes to make in your resume for it to beat the other applications.