Today, it is important to sell yourself to hiring manager and you can do this with your cover letter. He letter is a powerful tool that you can use to be noticed. With it, you must ensure that you write the best in response to job advertisements.
Features of Fresh Graduate Cover Letter 2017
- A great cover letter must include name, email address and contact number at top right page of the paper.
- The business name and contact’s person complete name must be on the left
- Reference line
- An address to reader directly
- Opening statement that introduces you to reader
- Main body highlighting characteristics and qualities relevant to job
- Closing paragraph asking to have an interview
- If you do not have formal work experience, there are other things that you can include in your cover letter.
- General skills that can help you in working with team
- Personal attributes helping you to learn
- Volunteer or school work experience
Writing Cover Letter on Your Own
If you are thinking how you should write your fresh graduate resume with no experience you can see high school resume examples, and then learn how to write your cover letter.
- Use keywords that match job description: here are many employers using computer software in screening applicants for available positions. With that in mind, you need to use language that will match the description. Make sure to underline and read carefully all main points before you begin writing the cover letter.
- Use appropriate format: By using the basic block style, you will not have as hard time because it is easy to read and has proper layout. If you want your reader to be focus on your message, you can use this style. What you need to do is to set the name of sender and recipient’s address by using left justified.
- Stick to font being used: This is not the time to experiment with artistic font. It is important to choose a basic font that is easy to read. You should not also choose a font that is excessively large. Times New Roman is a standard font that is used for business correspondence. You can still use Arial with the font size of 12. This are commonly used in writing the resume and the cover letter.
- Address letter to specific person: You must make sure that you know the person who conduct interview. You need to direct your letter to the person personally. It is always a good idea to ask question instead of assuming something.
- Start letter by stating where and when you found job opening: Just like how you write fresh graduate resume objective, you also need to be specific in writing what position you are applying for so that the employer will not guess. Also, you need to tell where you find out the job postings because it will help them to know where places they target applicants.
Follow these tips and leave a good impression. Finally, see to it that you take some time in researching about the company and things they are looking for. Answer those in your cover letter. Also see samples that are specific for you field like sample resume for fresh graduate accounting.