When it comes to resume writing, there are many things that you can do with the best CV format 2016. However, you cannot just go and create one without even thinking how you should approach it, what information you should include in it or whether you should hide employment or not.
Well, if you do not have enough knowledge or idea on how to write one, continue reading this post so you can get as much information on how you can write an effective and appealing professional CV format 2016-2017.
Professional CV Format 2016-2017 Top Recommendations
Since most companies today uses an Applicant Tracking System or ATS to sort out the best applicants from thousands that goes to submit their 2016 cv format, must be able to help them find you easily and not only that, you must ensure that your resume stands out from the rest of the pack. Now, why don’t you consider the following recommendations to help you achieve that? Let’s go ahead and look at that right now.
- Before writing your resume, you must first think of what CV format 2016-2017 you are going to follow as a template. Experts recommend that you do not include a photograph unless it is requested by the hiring manager of the company you are applying.
- Another trend with 2016 CV format is the need for you to avoid hiding employment gaps of your work history. Keep in mind that these companies would surely find a way to find out about it in no time at all.
- What is also common with professional resume format 2016 is for you to move away from writing your resume in a fancy font, instead, you should use simple and easy to read fonts like Tahoma and Times New Roman.
The things listed above for CV format 2016-2017 is surely going to help you land a job really soon. No matter how tough it is to get a job, you must equip yourself with a professionally written resume.
Improve Your Resume with This Checklist
One of the toughest things that you’ll encounter when looking for a job is writing a resume 2017 that will stand out. Many applicants had failed to get noticed from the crowd because most of them used generic resumes in the hopes that they would be enough to show their capabilities. Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why recruiters didn’t choose them because their resume lacked effort not to mention the information that they are looking for weren’t easily seen.
So how will you be able to make your resume impress the right people? Here is a checklist that you should take into consideration so you will deliver the best resume to recruiters.
- Know your capabilities. According to Robin Reshwan of U.S News and World Report:
“An effective resume clearly establishes that you are qualified in each of the primary desired prerequisites. Your goal is to make it easy for a busy hiring manager to look at your resume and quickly determine that you are a strong candidate for the open position.”
There is no “one size fits all” resume so make sure that you identify your strengths to determine if they are suited for the job.
- Study the job. Do you know the scope of work of the job that you are interested in? What responsibilities will you handle? It is important that you learn more about the job that is being offered so you will know what is being asked of you and be able to answer the needs of the company in your resume.
- Always tailor your resume. Instead of sending generic resumes, make sure that you tailor your resume to the company and job being offered. This will help your readers identify whether you are the one that they need for the business or not because of how you present your resume.
- Choose appropriate format. For most applicants, deciding what format to use is a bit difficult because they don’t know which one is suitable for them. If there are gaps in your career, a functional or skills based format is worth using. On the other hand, a chronological format should be used.
- Give examples. If you want to showcase your abilities to potential employers, you should give examples in your resume so that recruiters will get a better idea on who you are and what skills you have through the details that you have shared. Just make sure that the examples you have included are related to the work that you are interested in.
- Keep it short. Recruiters can only spare a few seconds of their time when studying resumes so make sure that you keep the contents of your paper short and to the point. This way, your readers won’t have a hard time finding the details that they need because they are not buried under other statements that are not relevant to the job.
- Don’t lie. There are some applicants who add lies in their resume 2017 because they want to impress their readers. This may sound like a good idea for you but keep in mind that your readers can easily do fact checking on the contents of your paper.
- Add colors. Another trick to making your resume stand out is to add a splash of color to your resume. This can be used to highlight certain parts of your resume that you want your readers to find immediately. Just make sure that you don’t go overboard with you colors as they can be distracting to your readers.
- Use bullet points. You can use bullet points to summarize certain parts of your resume if you like. Just make sure that you convey your message to your readers accurately when using this kind of format in the content of your paper.
- Proofread. Don’t forget to proofread your resume after writing because you need to submit a paper that is devoid of errors.