How Hard Can It Be to Write an IT Professional Resume in 2016-2017?
A resume for IT needs to be able to quickly and clearly communicate the skills and experience that the recruiter is looking for in just a very brief review. Most recruiters are not going to study your resume for a long time to search for the information that they are looking for; if they don’t see it at first glance then your chance of an interview is lost. So using the right IT resume template to format your resume and writing your resume perfectly are vital if you want any chance of getting selected.
What Is the Right Format for Your IT Professional Resume?
The format that you use for your resume for IT applications is in many ways as important as what you actually write. If the resume 2016 is not laid out in a manner that gets it noticed by the reader then it is not going to be effective at getting you an interview. The best formats are often the simplest:
- Use evenly spaced margins of at least 1” on all sides
- Use easy to read 12pt font
- Avoid any font that is difficult to read such as fancy scripts
- Do not decorate your resume in any way with borders and other graphics
- Do not use excessive amounts of formatting
- Be consistent with all formatting and fonts throughout
- Use a maximum of 2 pages and balance the information between the pages
- Use clear space to draw the eye of the reader: a blank line directly before a new section will make the reader look there
How to Write Your IT Professional Resume
A resume needs to be written specifically for the application that you are making if you want to maximize its effectiveness. The better tailored your IT resume is to the job the easier it will be for the recruiter to quickly see that you match their specific requirements. When writing your resume format 2017 you should:
- Put the most important experience, skills and qualifications at the start of the relevant sections.
- Use your achievements rather than just listing your responsibilities which are obvious from your job title.
- Quantify your achievements: telling the recruiter that you “saved $250k by leading a 12 person cross functional team” is going to get their attention far more than just saying that you were responsible for cost savings.
- Don’t use clichés or unsubstantiated statements such as “hard working” or “a good communicator”.
- Ensure that your CV sample 2016-2017 is free of all errors, proofread it carefully and ensure also that your contact details are correct.
And if you are looking for a sample resume for medical assistant, you are free to have a look at it.
Image credit: careerperfect.com